Season 3 episode 52 notes
PREVIOUSLY: Cecil and Marissa went on a date, during which they broke the Clock Tower and caused some kind of temporal anomaly. They ended up beneath the school after falling through the machinery. Lloyd returned from the second arc of the Hunt, during which he fought a Swamp King that had powers of corruption and rot.
BEGINNING OF SESSION
- Lloyd, having finished his shower, meets up with André again, who is investigating the “fraggles” he’s convinced are messing with time somehow. Shortly thereafter they are joined by Mashiro and Ryoko, who have finished showering. Somewhat unusually, Ryoko wears a regular school uniform, not a ninja uniform – all of her ninja gear has somehow mysteriously vanished from the laundry.
- The trio asks André to investigate, which he happily does. Lloyd, Mashiro and Ryoko head up to meet with Alice in the infirmary.
- André joins them on the way. It seems like the ninja clothes have been gathered from the laundry by Louis, by order of “Dangeresque” who has taken them all to his “Danger Cave” in the assassin’s club dormitories. Lloyd ponders the identity of this mysterious person.
- Alice is very sick. She looks faint and weak as she explains what happened – the Dueling Club didn’t look after her very well, and she fell down a slope landing on a nest of snakes. One of them bit her in the leg. Ryder isn’t too worried – it’s a slow venom, he will have plenty of time to research it. Nevertheless he hasn’t got it quite figured out, so Lloyd suggests getting Cecil’s help. Ryder agrees.
- Ryder treats Lloyd’s skin rashes from his encounter with the Swamp King. After that, Ryoko, Mashiro, Lloyd and André head out in search of Cecil. Given Andrés Pathfinding abilities, it should be easy.
- Andre discerns that Cecil is deep beneath the school, in the mysterious automated factory in the basement.
- Unfortunately, the damaged clock tower is still screwing with time. Andrés abilities are thrown off, and he reaches a spot where Cecil has been – but not where he is right now. A mysterious, partly disassembled iron crab lies on a table, marked with an “X” – the insignia of Principal Xavier. André is disconcerted – almost nothing can keep him from finding the path.
- Just then, Lloyd spots himself run past outside. It seems to be some kind of echo from the past, from when him and Cecil were beneath the school, rescuing Nina and Mashiro from the Prince. Curious, the group decides to follow the time-echoes, deeper into the basement-factory that lies beneath the school…
- Cecil and Marissa are wandering aimlessly through the depths beneath the school. At first Marissa lights their way with an arc-light sustained by her powers, but soon she runs out of energy and everything around them becomes pitch dark.
- Fumbling through the darkness, Marissa grabs Cecil’s hand. It seems she’s frightened. Cecil promises her to find a way out of this.
- They pick up on a strange hissing sound, and make their way towards it for lack of better options. A faint red light reveals a furnace or boiler of some kind up ahead, full of hot coals. They might be able to use it to light a torch. Cecil picks up a wrench and navigates them towards it through a maze of pipes spewing steam.
- Cecil wraps a sock around the wrench and sticks it in the coals, using it as an impromptu torch. They’re directly beneath the laundry room, in the enormous complex piping system that supplies it with heat and water. He spots something moving inside the boiler, however…
- Investigating the room, Cecil finds a small army of iron crabs bearing Xavier’s insignia. They seem to be some kind of automated maintenance, supplying coal and keeping the place neat. The creatures are frenzied and overworked – apparently the laundry is running on full power, and the pipes are almost bursting with piping hot water.
- Suddenly the crabs react to Cecil’s torch. They mistake it for an errant coal, and swarm around him. Cecil spots a ladder and tells Marissa to hurry up it – together, the two head up towards the surface.
- Cecil jumps ahead of Marissa. Marissa asks if she can use her hammer to fly, and Cecil responds that it might help. Marissa raises her hammer and creates a strong magnetic field, lifting herself upwards.
- Unfortunately, Marissa’s electromagnetic surge becomes too much for the strained pipes. They burst, filling the room with steam. Cecil and Marissa hurry for the escape hatch above them…
- Lloyd, André, Mashiro and Ryoko meanwhile arrive at the giant coal-pit, where last year they fought an earth elemental trapped beneath the school. It’s still and quiet now.
- It seems this pit supplies the school’s boilers with coal, manned by Storm Automatons fashioned by Principal Xavier.
- They’re about to leave, having lost Cecil’s trail, when a loud clang rings out! They hurry to investigate and find the boiler room underneath the laundry room, rapidly filling with steam. Lloyd hears Cecil shout and bursts in, using his mastery of Fire and Water to safely stop the flow and weld the pipes shut.
- Iron crabs swarm around them. Lloyd figures that Cecil must have gone up the ladder, and so they all resolve to follow.
- Cecil and Marissa escape through a hatch into the laundry room, meeting with Louis. They’re shaken, but not injured.
- Cecil wonders why the laundry room is running on such high pressure. Louis explains that he had to go through all the laundry to retrieve some things for Parsifal. That meant doing a lot of the washing all over again.
- Cecil drops the subject – where is Agnes? Louis says he thinks she’s at the Engineering Club.
- Picking up Marissa, as time is short, Cecil heads to the Engineering Club but finds that she isn’t there – she’s gone to help her sister with something in the Alchemy Club. Cecil jumps towards the Alchemy Club window but finds it to be closed – and the inside of the club full of thick, green smoke.
- Cecil telekinetically opens the window and uses telepathy to contact Amanda, inside. It seems Agnes, Amanda and Raphael are investigating the sample Clara brought back of the Swamp Creatures. They’ve managed to activate it, generating a corrupting green gas that rots and corrodes everything it touches. Now they just need to figure out a way to store it, as it eats its way out of containers.
- Cecil helps Marissa in through the window, then – as he’s wearing his last school uniform – strips down to his trousers before entering, relying on his Storm spark to protect him from the gas.
- Cecil finds Agnes, whose metal gas mask has rusted shut, and drags her out of the room, freeing her of the mask. Her clothes, tools, and other possessions are covered in mold, rust, and decay, and have begun to fall apart after prolonged exposure to the gas. She herself is mostly fine except for dizziness.
- While Agnes recovers, Cecil helps Amanda find Zelenka’s Scent Eating agent, which seems to slow down the gas and make it more manageable.
- Cecil then informs Agnes about the clocktower. Agnes panics – the clocktower is extremely sensitive. It’s built to generate a bubble of stable time around Eisenkrone in case of a Chronostorm, but time-manipulation is very poorly understood.
- Agnes’s rusty tools are useless. She asks Cecil to take her to Alfreda for a new set of tools so that she can fix the tower. Cecil obliges, lifts up Amanda, takes Marissa on his back (who is just coming along for the ride at this point) and leaps out the window… only to be frozen in time.
- Lloyd, Mashiro, Ryoko and André encounter Louis, who is descending into the pipe room to fix the pipes. They agree to talk in the laundry room, and all climb back out. Lloyd informs Louis that the pipes are already fixed.
- Lloyd asks Louis about Ryoko’s missing ninja clothes. Louis bashfully admits that Parsifal is investigating the Blue Oni, known to wear a ninja outfit, and therefore ordered the confiscation of all ninja clothes for investigation. Mr. Dangeresque is handling the actual investigation.
- Worried about Cecil and the strange situation, Lloyd decides to drop it for now and the team splits up. Lloyd goes to search the corridors, when he spots Cecil’s uniform hanging from a gargoyle outside the Alchemy Club!
- Lloyd grabs a hold of Evghenia, who is passing by, and Evghenia grabs him by the arm and transports him towards the uniform with giant leaps. Lloyd picks up the uniform, wondering where Cecil is and why he is indecent. Just then, Lloyd spots Cecil!
- Cecil is hanging mid-air, frozen in time. He is wearing nothing but his trousers – Marissa is slung across his back, and in his arms is Agnes, her school uniform crumbling around her. Lloyd is shocked and appalled at the indecency!
- Cecil unfreezes, continuing his trajectory towards the smithy. Lloyd and Evghenia take up the chase…
- Cecil leaves Marissa and Agnes in the smithy, but learns that Alfreda will have to make new tools – and it will take time. Time they don’t have. Agnes tells him about the spare tools she’ll need, stored in the Engineering Club. Cecil jumps there to fetch them.
- On the way back, he sees a strange vision of a mysterious bandit, someone he knew back in Durmstrang. The vision vanishes almost instantly, however.
- Cecil arrives in the smithy with the tools almost instantly – but Agnes claims she’s been waiting for an hour. Time is getting even more destabilized. He picks her up and takes her towards the clock tower, leaving Marissa. Marissa raises her hammer and tries to follow – but it’s been rusted by the gas, and falls apart mid-air. While Cecil heads for the clock tower, Marissa spirals out of control and crashes into the Gardening Club pond.
- Lloyd, worried for Marissa, sees the crash and heads to aid her instead. She’s wet, but seems to be okay. Rei and Mikhail are in the gardening club as well, and help her up. Marissa is a bit upset with Cecil for abandoning her, and goes to confront him.
- Cecil deposits Agnes near the clock tower, where she immediately gets to work repairing it. He then heads back to his date.
- Cecil lands by Marissa and Lloyd. He explains the situation, the damaged clock tower, and why it’s been causing all these strange random freezes and slowdowns. Lloyd understands. Cecil apologizes to Marissa and promises to escort her back to her room. Lloyd approves, and informs Cecil about Alice – Cecil promises to go help Professor Ryder as soon as he can.
- Lloyd is about to accompany Rei and Mikhail, when he’s met with Mr. Eriksson from the smithy. Agnes’ order of new tools means they’re behind and he wonders if Lloyd can come in to help for a bit. Lloyd agrees, heads to the smithy, and begins to do the sharpening and maintenance routine work that Alfreda won’t have time for.
- As Lloyd works, Gloria enters. She’s been meaning to order a new sword made from the Storm-Forged Iron of the lobster monster’s carapace, but when she sees Lloyd, she falls silent. She mentions wanting to talk to him in private, and Lloyd promises to see her as soon as he’s done working.
- Cecil takes Marissa back to the Dueling Club.
- In the common room, Marissa announces to the Dueling Club that Cecil is her boyfriend now, much to the shock of Parsifal and the rest of her clubmates. Marissa then drags Cecil to her room. She thanks him for a lovely date and invites him inside. Cecil reluctantly agrees and enters her room.
- Cecil finds the possessions of a quiet, demure girl who likes cute things – paintings of fluffy cats, and beautiful porcelain cups. That was Marissa before her stay in Elsinore, though. Now they are scattered across the room in a godawful mess, and Marissa explains that her staff all quit but that she doesn’t feel like she needs them. Marissa says she’s going to go take a shower to wash off the green guck from the Alchemy Club – and tells Cecil to make himself at home.
- Cecil heads into the kitchen to do dishes. Marissa tells him that the shower is ready, and then goes to slip into “something a little less comfortable and a little more slutty”. Cecil quickly makes a simple meal that they can share.
- When he emerges from the kitchen, Cecil finds Marissa in a skimpy negligée. She makes it very clear that she’s not hungry. Despite Cecil’s protests, Marissa practically pounces him and plants a kiss on his lips, more or less forcing herself on him.
- Just then, Erich storms into the room. Seeing Marissa in such a compromised situation, he is outraged. Marissa pouts, but listens to her commander when he tells her to stay put, and drags Cecil outside.
- Erich puts up a soundproof force field and shouts angrily at Cecil. It becomes evident that the source for his outrage is that he’s aware that Marissa is mentally unstable, and that he feels Cecil should know that she doesn’t know what she’s doing.
- Cecil mentions that he has noticed. Marissa is suffering from Storm Madness, isn’t she?
- Erich averts his eyes. He says he couldn’t know, and they couldn’t tell – they sought out help in the Capitol, but it didn’t take. The Storm did something to Marissa – shook loose her inhibitions – and she’s gone from a shy, demure girl to someone with barely any self control at all.
- Cecil pleads with Erich to go speak with Professor Ryder or Professor Anderson. Erich protests that they’re foreigners – how could he trust them? Ryder is from the wilds of Texicania, and Anderson from the blasted wasteland of Scandia. Both of them hail from barbarian lands.
- Cecil persuades Erich that they know what they’re doing, and they’ll keep quiet about it. Nobody needs to know about Erich’s failure to protect Marissa.
- Erich begrudgingly agrees to think about it. He removes the forcefield and lets Cecil go. Cecil heads into Marissa’s room again, and kisses her goodbye for now – admitting that while he doesn’t want things to move this fast, he probably does feel something for her.
- Marissa understands, regaining some composure. She’s looking forward to their third date.
- Cecil heads up to the infirmary to help Professor Ryder.
- Cecil and Ryder discover that Alice is rapidly turning transparent like glass – the time-instability must have caused the poison to advance much faster. They need an antivenom, which requires finding a Glass Viper. Cecil suggests Ryder take Lloyd for help in finding one, while he himself goes to speak with the Alchemists about a possible alternative cure.
- Ryder leaves Mashiro in charge of the infirmary while he’s away.
- Lloyd finishes the task in the smithy and steps outside to speak with Gloria. She asks him about the trial. Lloyd confirms that some members of the Duelling Club are going to attack him at some point, on Shigeru’s command. Gloria is worried, she doesn’t want this to turn into a real fight.
- Gloria informs Lloyd that many of the people who volunteered to attack him have trained with her. She doesn’t want them to get hurt.
- Lloyd persuades Gloria that Parsifal is making this about politics and probably will spur the attackers to try to hurt him. He will be forced to defend himself for real.
- Gloria asks Lloyd if he’s trained reading an opponent with Professor Gottlieb. He says he has. Gloria then challenges him to a duel over his insult to Parsifal, to disarming. The duel will be a way for Lloyd to study Gloria’s fighting style up close, learning how to disarm her students, thus minimising the harm and danger.
- Lloyd agrees to the duel, at dawn the following day. Then he returns to work, making weapons out of Storm-Forged Iron for Mashiro and Ryoko.
- Ryder comes to see Lloyd, asking his help in tracking down a Glass Viper. Lloyd agrees, so together they head up to the Dueling Club to ask Erich where exactly Alice was bitten by the viper.
- Ryder speaks about “the girl” and the “Storm issues she’s been having” because of him. He mentions Cecil informed him. Erich misunderstands and thinks Ryder is talking openly about Marissa, making him very upset. Since Ryder is a teacher, however, he keeps quiet.
- Ryder and Lloyd converse in Britannian for a bit, further upsetting Erich who thinks they’re still talking about Marissa.
- Ryder eventually learns where the Dueling Club was traveling, and gets an idea about where the snakes might nest.
- Lloyd and Ryder saddle up on Ryder’s flying bull and head out soaring over the Forest. From the sky, Lloyd sees remnants of old buildings, once part of Eisenkrone. He asks Ryder about these – he noticed more of them to the south.
- Ryder explains that in the past, Eisenkrone was much more bigger, isolated from the world, and walled off. That all changed after the Storm that destroyed Frankfurt – it was decided that Eisenkrone couldn’t be an ivory tower, cut off from the world. So they let the Forest grow closer, and shut down many of the defenses around the school, giving students more of an opportunity to be active in the world around them.
- Lloyd wonders how Frankfurt was destroyed. Ryder said it was a big Storm, but he’s not sure on the details. Principal Feist for some reason ordered the teachers and students not to help, but to let Frankfurt be destroyed.
- Ryder and Lloyd land near the area Erich designated, by some poplars. Lloyd quickly finds the snake in question, and Ryder crushes it with his boot and extracts some venom. They return to Eisenkrone, and Ryder begins to prepare the antivenom, asking Lloyd to call for Cecil so that he can help with the process.
- Cecil has gone to see the alchemists, finding that the Club is held up by Sanchez, with some sort of sanitation squad. Cecil, knowing the school’s history, deduces it’s the Super-Secret Sanitation Squad, formed by Principal Xavier (who was notoriously horrible at naming things).
- Zelenka protests the Squad’s intervention. This could be a valuable discovery! So what if it’s polluting the school’s water and destroying some of the gardens?
- They summon the would-be Almighty Janitor, Louis. Unfortunately, Louis is no Anton Fried, and meekly just agrees to intervene when Cecil tells him to. Louis, Sanchez, and the SSSS enter the Alchemy Club and seal the Swamp Thing Essence in a bucket, preventing it from spewing out any more gas all over everything.
- Amanda and Raphael emerge, their protective suits almost eaten through by the gas and their gas masks badly damaged. Prolonged exposure might have been very bad for them, but they made good progress and were close to containing it. Alas, the experiment has been shut down now.
- Amanda mentions that the Swamp Essence could theoretically be used to birth new Storm Beasts – but one would have to find the exact right balance of garbage for that to be possible, as its essence would only reanimate rotted and foul-smelling things. Louis, meanwhile, takes the Essence away in a slowly-melting bucket, to throw it in the trash…
- Cecil ignores this for now and speaks to Zelenka about helping Alice. Zelenka gladly agrees, for the right price. Cecil heads back to the infirmary to inform Ryder of this, and hears from Lloyd on the way – they’ve found the antivenom.
- Cecil and Lloyd meet in the infirmary. Ryder cooks up a batch of antivenom with Cecil’s help, and injects the cure in Alice who should be recovering. Mashiro informs Lloyd that Hattori wanted to see him – they’re going down to the tennis court for special training. Mashiro will be involved herself somehow.
- Lloyd and Mashiro head down to the tennis court for special training with Hattori, while Cecil makes his way back to the Military History Club.
- Lloyd meets Hattori on the tennis court, while Mashiro goes to fetch her tennis racket. He explains that Mashiro will help explain a principle by use of colored tennis balls.
- Hattori throws one ball to Lloyd, explaining that when fighting one enemy, focus is easy. Catch the ball, throw the ball. He throws three tennis balls, forcing Lloyd to juggle, explaining that this is still one enemy – catching and throwing is easy, you can do both.
- Hattori begins to pelt Lloyd with tennis balls, while Mashiro bats them back from behind him. Now it gets harder. In these situations, you must prioritize defense. “Minimize harm. To yourself, to your charge, to others,” Hattori instructs. You cannot fight everyone with your entire attention. You must focus on avoiding.
- Hattori explains that Lloyd must avoid the red tennis balls. These represent attacks that present no opportunity – the vast majority of attacks will be this. Avoid them at all costs. Blue tennis balls represent opportunity – catch them and throw them back.
- Hattori hurls a green tennis ball at Mashiro. Lloyd dives to stop it and gets struck by a red ball. “Be careful.” Hattori instructs, “A true ninja only strikes when absolutely necessary, and does it with maximum effect”.
- They resume the training. Lloyd begins to figure out what his other teachers have taught him about watching his back. Hattori’s philosophy of the ninja also sinks in.
- Lloyd manages to stop the tennis balls flying at Mashiro without putting himself in unnecessary danger. Hattori says that this is as much as he can teach him in this short time. He cannot teach Lloyd how to fight – only how to understand combat.
- Hattori vanishes into thin air before Lloyd has time to thank him. Quite tired, Lloyd and Mashiro return to the Military History Club.
- Meanwhile, back at the Club, Cecil runs into Nina. She’s heading out for a date with Aurora, but something’s wrong with the showers in the girls’ shower room – they spew weird green slime. Cecil deduces that this must be contamination from the Alchemy Club experiment on the swamp creature.
- The boys’ shower room appears to be fine still, thanks to the arcane plumbing that crisscrosses Eisenkrone. Nina, however, refuses to shower in there – it would be inappropriate. Cecil asks Ryoko if he can borrow her room in the Assassin’s Quarters, which has a private shower. Ryoko agrees, so Nina heads off there.
- Cecil meets Akane, who is waiting for him in the dojo. Now is a good time for Cecil to teach her his fighting style, and his anger.
- Cecil is reluctant to bring up his past and his anger issues, but recalls that he asked Daisuke to do so for his sake. It would be hypocritical to refuse Akane.
- Cecil warns Akane that to learn to fight like him, she must learn true pain. It will not be pleasant. Akane maintains that she wishes to learn, out of stubbornness and a desire to be the best martial artist she can be.
- Cecil tells Akane that she is spoiled, and has always been protected. He also calls Naimitsu her “guard dog”, insulting her.
- Akane dismisses Naimitsu – this will be for real. If that is what it takes, she will place herself in true danger.
- Cecil and Akane begin to spar, but it quickly devolves into brutal beating. Cecil does not fight honourably, and strikes instantly and without hesitation. Akane is caught by surprise, but Cecil continues to beat her down until she is badly bruised, crying, and spitting blood.
- Cecil explains that only by being pushed to the brink – by being treated like an animal – can you learn to channel that raw, animal rage. Akane nods, but is too injured to continue training. She staggers from the room, falling out just as Lloyd and Mashiro return.
- Naimitsu rushes to Akane’s aid. She insists that Cecil is only teaching her, and if he says this is necessary, she will trust him. Naimitsu seems very worried.
- Lloyd speaks to Cecil. Cecil explains that to learn to channel rage like he has, it’s necessary to first be cornered and helpless. He insists that he tried not to deal any permanent damage, unconsciously echoing Daisuke…
- Lloyd does his best to console Cecil, and Cecil eventually asks for some time alone. He begins to meditate. Lloyd, meanwhile, returns to his room. Some time passes, during which Cecil meditates and Lloyd works on his homework.
- Lloyd is suddenly contacted by Sophie, his maid. Sophie bashfully admits that while Lloyd told her not to spy on his friends, he didn’t tell her not to spy on Parsifal.
- Sophie admits that she begun investigating the missing ninja clothes after Ryoko asked about them. It seems Parsifal was stealing all the ninja clothes to identify the Blue Oni, who wears such clothing along with a mysterious mask.
- Parsifal’s assessment has led him to suspect Ryoko is the Blue Oni. He’s sending a crew there to search her room and possibly assault her if they find something suspicious. Lloyd, who obtained his Blue Oni mask from Ryoko’s father, realizes there’s a high risk they might find something that implicates her.
- Sophie repairs Lloyd’s broken Blue Oni mask, so that they can prove Ryoko isn’t the culprit. Lloyd heads up to the Black Swan Restaurant, where he suits up in his Blue Oni alter ego. Since some of the mask pieces are missing, Lloyd combines the repaired Oni mask with his new yin-yang themed one.
- Cecil, meanwhile, has extended his consciousness far and wide in meditation. Thanks to the Psitanium Badge, he picks up on Ryoko’s distress as her door is kicked in by a Protection Squad team. He leaps into action!
- Cecil contacts Rei, and asks her help in telepathically opening a window, allowing him a direct route into the Assassins’ Tower thanks to his prodigious leaps.
- Lloyd and Cecil arrive on the scene almost simultaneously – Cecil through the open window, Lloyd through the door. Parsifal has sent four people: Günther, Aurora, “Mr. Dangeresque” and Johannes Kindl, one of Gloria’s students. Günther is about to kick in the door to the bathroom where Nina is showering, while Mr. Dangeresque is restraining Ryoko and Aurora is using her superspeed to search the room.
- Lloyd, as the Blue Oni, shouts at Mr. Dangeresque to let Ryoko go. Seeing the Blue Oni they were searching for, he does. Cecil, meanwhile, jumps into the room to stop Günther from kicking in the door; but Günther grabs him and throws him. Unfortunately, since Günther has the power of Storm Vandalism and easily breaks objects, Cecil smashes through the door and into the bathroom.
- Aurora shouts at Lloyd and attacks him, calling him a pervert. She’s been led to believe the Blue Oni has been rifling through her private possessions, probably due to Parsifal’s machinations. Furious, she tries to tackle him. Lloyd cuts down a swath of curtain to trap her, distracting her while he deals with the other culprits.
- Nina is furious at Cecil, but Cecil quickly explains the situation. Nina grabs a towel to go out and intervene, but Cecil stops her. He uses his powers of illusion to cloud the minds of Mr. Dangeresque and Günther, preventing them from seeing Nina for now.
- Johannes runs away to alert the rest of the Dueling Club that the Blue Oni is here!
- Nina hurls a bar of soap at Günther, who kicks it at Lloyd. Lloyd catches it. Nina finds one of Ryoko’s bathrobes and throws it on, stepping outside to kick Günther’s ass for interrupting her in the shower. Unfortunately, Ryoko is a quite slight woman, and the bathrobe doesn’t cover her as well as it could. Cecil tries to weave an illusion of her being properly dressed, but Günther interrupts his thought process. Instead, Cecil accidentally makes her seem naked instead.
- Günther gawks at the barely-dressed (and to his eyes, undressed) Nina shamelessly. An upset Lloyd throws the soap bar back at him with full force, to teach him a lesson. The soap bar hits him in the mouth, whereupon Nina punches him in the face and he swallows it.
- Mr. Dangeresque tries to flee the scene, being terrified of the Blue Oni. Unfortunately for him, Rei stops him. He’s forced to fight, and hurls plungers and banana peels from his “utility belt” to try to distract the enemy, but fails miserably.
- Lloyd and Cecil decide that this has gone far enough. Cecil weaves an illusion of the Blue Oni as a terrifying devil of war, with horns and jets of flame from his nose, while Lloyd commands the villains to leave. Günther and Mr. Dangeresque are terrified and flee the scene immediately. Aurora, however, stays to check up on Nina.
- Cecil explains the situation to Aurora – Parsifal tricked her about the Blue Oni. Aurora realizes how foolish she’s been and how bad it was of her to burst into Ryoko’s room.
- Cecil informs Aurora that the one who’s been going through the laundry is actually Louis – on Parsifal’s command. Nina and Aurora decide to find him and deal with him later. They will have to talk about the awkwardness of this situation as well, but for now, they have to move.
- Aurora departs, and Cecil and Lloyd step outside to let Nina dress and Ryoko assess the damage to her room – chairs, paintings and doors have been broken, after all.
- Lloyd slips into a broom closet to change back into his civilian clothes, hiding the Oni outfit and letting Sophie take care of it.
- The Protection Squad, led by Gloria, arrives in full force just as Lloyd comes back. They spread out to search the area, but Cecil stops them from entering Ryoko’s room. Ryoko, however, comes out. Eyewitnesses can confirm that she cannot possibly be the Blue Oni, as she was right there in the room when the Oni appeared.
- Gloria apologizes to Ryoko, and Lloyd reminds her that Parsifal will have to reimburse her for all the damages. Before Gloria can order any more thorough searches, Anita arrives – reminding everyone that this is her club, and that she doesn’t tolerate this kind of disruption.
- Gloria leaves, her men unable to find any trace of the Oni. Lloyd and Cecil check that Nina and Ryoko are alright, before they head back to the dormitories…
- On the way back, Cecil is telepathically contacted by Nina. It seems a pile of trash has come alive somehow!
- Cecil and Lloyd dash to the location. They find Nina and Aurora, their clothes covered in slime and trash. They explain they were looking for Louis, and found him taking out the trash. Suddenly the trash pile came to life and begun chasing him! Nina and Aurora fought the beast, but it escaped down into the sewers.
- Following the trail, Lloyd and Cecil find that it’s discarded most of its contents and become smaller, escaping into a pipe where they cannot follow it. They can only hope Louis is okay.
- Lloyd, Cecil, Nina and Aurora head to Professor Ryder, who immediately quarantines Nina and Aurora and orders their clothes to be burned. The Alchemy Club experiment has come alive due to Louis’ ineptitude!
- Louis must have dumped it in exactly the right environment for the Essence to animate the trash pile. Based on clues from the Alchemists and Cecil and Lloyd, Ryder deduces that it’s probably inhabiting some of the ruined clothes that weren’t properly destroyed after contamination.
- Ryder says there’s nothing they can do for now. He will search for the monster wherever it’s hiding. André checks up on Louis and finds that he’s okay, but apparently shocked and hiding from the monster. With that being done, Ryder orders Lloyd and Cecil to go to bed, as it’s by now almost curfew.
- The following day, Lloyd goes out to his duel with Gloria. He’s accompanied by Cecil, his second. They find Gloria with Bartolomeus as her second, and the fight supervised by Professor Daisuke.
- Daisuke grows cold upon seeing Cecil, and Cecil likewise seems suddenly hateful. The mood turns very uncomfortable, but neither of them comment on it.
- Lloyd and Gloria nevertheless face each other cordially. They face each other, bow, and the duel begins. Gloria showcases her fighting style clearly, drawing out the fight allowing Lloyd to read her movement and learn her style. She’s very focused on fighting a single opponent, with poor attention to the environment, something that could help Lloyd when he’s forced to fight her students.
- After blades have crossed for several minutes, Lloyd sees an opportunity and launches. Their blades lock, both of them strain themselves extremely – and then Lloyd concedes, lowering his blade.
- Gloria and Lloyd are both exhilarated at the duel, which pressed them both to the limit. Gloria commends Lloyd that if the Dueling Club were still about dueling, he would be one of its finest members.
- Bartolomeus, worried about Cecil, tells him that he’s always welcome at the Storm Jesus Fan Club. Cecil merely stares at Daisuke.
- Daisuke looks suddenly unwell, and after complimenting Gloria and Lloyd on a beautiful fight, he excuses himself and withdraws. Lloyd asks Cecil to call for Professor Anderson, which he reluctantly does.
- As Daisuke leaves, Cecil and Lloyd head off to see the Martial Arts Tournament continue. Today’s fight: Marissa versus the Diamond Fist…
END OF SESSION