Season 3 episode 18 notes
- Lloyd, Cecil, Gloria, Anita, Luzia, Violet and Snowdrop gather up after the defeat of the Storm, seeing to Cecil who is very injured. It’s determined that in this weather, taking off his armor to treat his injuries would be too dangerous. Lloyds pet winter wolf Snowy will carry him back to the village.
- They set off through the wintery landscape. Luzia warns them that there might still be Storm Beasts about. Soon they face a few winter wolves, but Lloyd instructs everyone in how not to draw their attention.
- It turns out the Winter Wolves are ripping apart the Wood Spider lair, now that the Mother Spider has collapsed due to a lack of Storm Energy. They are being led by Professor Wolf, in her black wolf form; Lloyd nods knowingly at her.
- As they near the village, Violet and Snowdrop notice something being off. They suspect something has happened to Rose. Lloyd instructs Snowy to track her, but before they can catch proper wind of the trail, they are interrupted by Bartolomeus who tells them to hurry inside the village. There are still stragglers left of the Storm Beasts.
- From afar, they see that only one of the village outposts has fallen.
- The seven Storm Knights return to the safety of the village. The locals are shellshocked and tired, but miraculously, nobody is dead.
- Bartolomeus tells them that Alex, Gottlieb and Schröder managed to defeat the Bishonen with combined forces just as the Storm died down.
- Bartolomeus informs them that during the chaos, Sophie vanished from where she was staying in the smithy. Lloyd worries.
- As they return to the village, they meet Sanchez. Sanchez notices how hurt and dangerously cold Cecil is, and rushes him off for a hot bath to warm him up and clean his injuries.
- Lloyd speaks with Anita, who is extremely worried about Rose. Her maids are her closest friends. She retreats to Alex’s house, but sends Violet to clean Cecil’s wounds.
- Lloyd heads to the witches to see if everything is all right. He finds Alex, who is being scrubbed by Tilda to recover the feeling in his extremities – he accidentally glanced at the Bishonen, and nearly died.
- Tilda does not know where Rose or Sophie are.
- Lloyd goes to the smithy along with Gloria, where he meets Gottlieb. Gottlieb’s armor is being repaired after a vicious blow to the shoulder, and he is bruised but otherwise fine.
- Lloyd tells Professor Gottlieb about what happened, how he gathered some students to follow Cecil and Luzia to defeat the Eye of the Storm. Gottlieb says he’ll punish him for disobedience and endangering the students’ lives later.
- Gottlieb orders Lloyd and Gloria not to go outside the walls again.
- Lloyd learns that Karla is also searching for Sophie. He hurries out to meet her at the Southern wall.
- A rabble is gathered. They are worried about Sophie’s disappearance, given that she could be Storm Mad and possibly still a threat. Karla protests, and Lloyd tries to calm them. The rabble resolves to go look for Alex, asking him what to do about the situation.
- Cecil is taken to the top floor of Alex’s house, where Sanchez tells him to wait while he prepares a bath.
- Cecil laboriously and painfully removes his broken armor. As he does, Violet shows up out of nowhere. She says Anita asked her to help clean his many, many, many wounds.
- Cecil undresses, letting Violet take care of the injuries. They talk about trust and about relying on your friends, knowing what they will do. Violet understands Cecil’s blind faith in Lloyd, as she has the same faith in her “sisters”, Rose and Snowdrop.
- Sanchez shows up with a bathtub full of hot water. Violet vanishes, letting Cecil take a bath in peace. She does ask if he needs help, though.
- Violet goes to see to Anita.
- As Cecil finishes bathing, he hears noise outside. Sanchez is standing guard, keeping the local peasantry from entering. Cecil leans out, asking what they want. When told they are looking for Alex, Cecil directs them to the witches.
- Cecil stumbles out of the bath and calls for Violet, who helps bandage his wounds. Then, though still dangerously injured, he drags himself down the stairs in search of Lloyd.
- Lloyd meets the nervous peasants again outside of the witches’ place. Alex is sleeping and must not be disturbed. The villagers begin to panic, wondering if they should search for Sophie with ropes and pitchforks and weapons, in case she’s dangerous. Lloyd calms them down.
- Lloyd meets up with Cecil. He informs Cecil that everyone is accounted for except three people: Rose, Bren, and Sophie.
- Cecil painfully climbs a tower to get some height and quiet from the minds in the village, and uses his telepathy to sense their minds. He discovers Bren a few hundred meters into the woods, and learns that they’re in danger.
- Cecil notifies Professor Schröder, who is almost lost in the persona of Maximus. Nevertheless, Schröder/Maximus intervenes, throwing a spear at a Storm Beast in the woods and rescuing Bren.
- Bren is carried out of the woods by Rose and… Sophie! It turns out Rose used a special secret Storm Maid distress call. The Storm blocked Violet, Luzia and Snowdrop from sensing it, but Sophie felt it and hurried outside to save Rose and Bren from an ice giant. They were forced to hide to defend the very injured Bren.
- The wood spider poison has affected Bren quite severely. Soon he might transform entirely into wood. Only a skilled toxicologist could save him. Fortunately, Cecil is a very skilled toxicologist.
- Bren is rushed back to Alex’s house, where Cecil prepares an antidote out of wood spider remains and his own blood. Bren is cured of the poison and thanks Cecil for the help. After asking whether the Storm is dealt with, Bren falls unconscious.
- Cecil, finally able to relax knowing everyone is safe, collapses on the floor.
- Sophie takes Lloyd into private and informs him that she owes him her life. She aims to repay this as soon as possible. Lloyd assures her that just helping him cook will be enough, but Sophie refers cryptically to some kind of ritual… that’s to take place at midnight, with the aid of the other maids.
- Lloyd says Sophie saved Rose’s life and that ought to count, but Sophie objects; she simply answered a maids’ distress call, that’s simply part of her duty as a member of the Secret Order of Storm Maids.
- Lloyd heads back to the common house. He speaks with all his friends, making sure they are safe.
- Lloyd learns that Günther and Alice defended the outpost that collapsed. Günther ran away screaming like a little girl, which he claims was part of a cunning plan to lure the beasts into a trap.
- Jacob asks Lloyd whether it might be a good time to wake Ivan up, now that the Storm is over. Ivan has been unconscious since Melody mind controlled him. Lloyd thinks it might be.
- Jacob wakes Ivan up. A disoriented Ivan wonders what’s going on. Jacob informs him that Lloyd and Cecil defeated the Storm, that Cecil almost gave his life, and that Ivan should stop picking on Cecil. Ivan, flustered, agrees to Jacob’s demands.
- Jacob finally overcomes his fear of Ivan. Ivan heads outside to work out.
- Lloyd waits for everyone to fall asleep. Then he heads for the potato cellar, locks himself in, and in the privacy of the dark, sound proofed room, finally lets go of his Britannian stiff upper lip, and cries out all the horror and pain he’s been through before he finally falls asleep from sheer exhaustion.
- (Off screen) During the night, without Lloyd’s knowledge, Sophie swears an oath to pay back her life debt to Lloyd by becoming his maid.
- Lloyd wakes up covered in warm blankets, with a hot meal and a freshly cleaned school uniform waiting for him. Sophie is with him. She came to the cellar at night, after he had fallen asleep, and made sure he was comfortable.
- Lloyd thanks Sophie, assuring her that the debt is paid back. Sophie disagrees, but so subtly that Lloyd misses it.
- Lloyd heads outside and sees with a happy heart that the village is rebuilding. He has a conversation with Jasper, who is optimistic about the future and says that the former prisoners of war can now live safely in Grimwald, without fear of persecution from the Count.
- Lloyd learns that Castle Alpenfest collapsed during the Storm, being just a pile of frozen rubble now. It was an evil place anyway. Alex has been talking to Anita about possibly installing a kind and benevolent nobleman of House von Blankhausen as the next Count of Grimwald.
- Lloyd learns that Granny has been sternly talking to Cecil and Bren while they slept, reminding them that they really shouldn’t be so sensitive about what is clearly minor injuries.
- Lloyd heads to see how Cecil is doing. He is unsurprised to see that Granny was correct – what seemed like life-threatening wounds is in fact just small scratches. Funny how that works.
- Cecil wakes up. Together, they head out to look at the village, discussing what will happen next.
- Gottlieb and Alex exit from a house where they’ve been holding discussions. They inform the villagers and the students that whatever transgressions the students did before and during the Storm – such as Gloria injuring Cecil and disarming Karla – will be dealt with by Professor Gottlieb. Gloria is relieved, glad that the peasant mob won’t be exacting vengeance on her.
- Lloyd and Cecil bump into Ivan, who compliments Cecil on his performance. He even forgives Cecil for not working out more, and gives him one (1) day off from his daily bodybuilding homework.
- Lloyd speaks with Luzia about the day before. She is impressed with Lloyd’s ability to absorb the Eye of a Storm at such a young age. Lloyd is bashful.
- Lloyd sternly reminds Luzia not to charge off alone like that again. However, he is happy that it all turned out nice again.
- Cecil goes to speak with Gloria. He tells her he saw the illusions that plagued her near the Eye of the Storm, and he understands her pain. He can recognize the difficulty that arises from a rough childhood.
- Everyone relaxes. The Storm is past, and soon the students and teachers will return to Eisenkrone, while the villagers will continue rebuilding.