Season 3 episode 1 notes
- Lloyd and Cecil help the sailors to unload their cargo of coconuts.
- Cecil goes to speak with Hildegard.They talk about how the youth brigade is bad and that Hildegard knows Cecil killed Hoffmeister and that he will need to advance to armour training to be able to protect against people out for revenge. People like Hannah. She tells Cecil to head to Alfreda and ask her to make him a Dragoon armour.
- Lloyd meets up with Mikhail who is on his way to interview the Princess Sophia Charlotte Sturmmeister Imperius who’s arriving by blimp to enroll at Eisenkrone.
- Lloyd goes to the school ground and gathers up some first years and helps them find their way to the registration desk. One of the students is a young boy who burns with passion to become the ultimate swordsman. He dreams of joining the Military History Club. Lloyd leads them to André who is manning the desk since Mr. Fried is unavailable.
- Cecil heads towards Eisenkrone, taking a shortcut through the forest. He notices Ryu feeding a wild and murderous storm-wolf. His name is Wolfie, and he wants to eat Cecil. Ryu asks Cecil to keep it a secret.
- Ceil exits the forest and is seen by some of the first years. A Nipponese girl walks up towards him and points out that the forest is a restricted area for students and asks his name. When she hears his name, she immediately turns hostile and informs him that she is going to tell on him. Her name is Tomoe Tokugawa, and she hates Cecil.
- Cecil meets up with Gunther who is bragging about how cool he and his now stormpowers are. Also how he is totally joining the youth brigade. Cecil mocks him a bit. Gunther takes offense and brags about being a rebel. The principal shows up and mocks and scares Gunther some as well. Cecil meets up with another Nipponese girl named Minami Nichiren and he shows her and some other first years how to get to the reception desk. He gets there and takes over from André who is ruining everything.
- Lloyd goes to talk to the Principal. They talk about Lloyd accidentally killed a dragon and how the principal sent Lloyd and Cecil to Lothringen knowing there would be soldiers there and that Cecil might have to kill someone and hopefully meant what that meant. Also who The Principal pimped out Eisenkrone with weapons and barriers to protect itself from attacks. The Principal is sad, because he is a horrible person. Lloyd convinces him that he is just a good person who ended up doing a few mistakes.
- Lloyd goes to meet with Eriksson and Miss Schmidtm who, as it turns out is now Mrs Eriksson. And With a child on its way. Lloyd is overjoyed and congratulates them, then stays a while to help work the forge. He is approached my Zelenka about making weapons for the alchemy club. They are now working
withfor the duelling club and wants to give the swords an alchemical coating. Lloyd is hesitant about it and asks Alfreda and they agree that it sounds bad and rejects the offer. Lloyd works hard on making a cute cat-themed katana for Haruhi.
- Cecil swaps out with Amanda who still angry with him. She spent her summer travelling around, spending a few weeks in Durmstrang. She may or may not be dating Kage. Cecil warns her about him, but she gets angry and defensive. Cecil goes to Prof.Andersson to talk about Hoffmeister as well as the possibility to merge the psychic blast and the butler bolt into one powerful attack. They nerd out over it until Andersson needs to go to a meeting. Cecil continues to work on it until Jacob arrives, looking for Andersson. Jacob volunteers to help Cecil with psychic blast training, but while doing so he remembers his uncle and the new martial arts teacher at the school, Ivan Honecker, yelling at Jacob to stop using mind bending since it makes him weak. Jacob begins losing control and runs off to find Andersson. Cecil cleans up after himself and leaves.
- Lloyd drops off a huge tetsubo to Tomoe room, who acts very shy and modest around him. Lloyd is convinced that this Tokugawa is nice and friendly, and is relieved the Cecil has nothing to worry about.
- Lloyd goes to see Prof. Ryder and asks him about his problems controlling fire and his problems with his heart since he absorbed the dragon’s power. Ryder suggests continuing his training with Naimitsu since it seemed to work.
- Cecil goes to talk to the principal, they talk about Cecil killing Hoffmeister, much like the principal expected him to. They also talk about captain francis and Cecil’s real father. The principal says he doesn’t know. They also talk a bit about the wonders of nudie beaches.
- On his way to the clubroom, Lloyd meets with Parsifal. They casually girl-bend duel a bit and Parsifal informs Lloyd that he is reinventing the dueling club, abandoning the Code Duello in favor of real and dirty fighting.
- In the clubroom Nina is complaining about Aurora being a jerk-face and complaining about Dorfstat and bringing her maid Mandy around everywhere. She is really angry and even though some parts where nice, she doesn’t want to see Aurora again, maybe ever.
- Alice and Mashiro are having a discussion about Mashiro and her bleeding back. Alice is shocked and appalled. Mashiro goes to get her bleeding back checked out.Alice tells Lloyd that the peace talk is going really well and the Kaiser is strongly in favour of peace, despite the fact that many nobles strongly disagree. Alice and Lloyd have a proper conversation about the weather, pointedly avoiding things that might shock or displease the other.
- Cecil meets aurora who is angry at Nina for living in a crappy place with mud and peasants and without any nice things. Cecil tries to convince her to focus on why she went there in the first place and how she cares about Nina, but Aurora ignores him. She doesn’t want to see Nina again, maybe ever.
- Cecil goes to check up things at the infirmary and meets up with Ryder treating Gunther. He lost a fight against Victor. He couldn’t use his new shiny powers (The Principal asked Lloyd to tell Gunther about him stealing them from him, but Lloyd never met him.) Gunther is angry. And also a wimp. Mashiro enters the room and has awkward conversation with Cecil. They haven’t really talked since back in Lothringen. She soon collapses however due to bloodloss. Mashiro is suffering from an incurable wound, a result of an alchemical compound called Hemophage, that soldiers coated their weapons with during the war. It causes Mashiro’s wounds to rip over again and again, no matter how many times she’s healed. The compound was supposed to have been banned. Mashiro refuses to say who attacked her since it might go back to Cecil. Cecil tries to convince her otherwise but fails, and he doesn’t tell Ryder either.
Lloyd follows Mashiro to the welcome ceremony to welcome the princess. The Princess is kind of a brat, and requests Alice to lend out her butler; she’s used to having two butlers to attend her after all. She approach Lloyd and asks If they had met before, his face is familiar somehow. Anita, Alice and the princess head off to the actual welcome party. Lloyd is approached by Minami. She asks Lloyd for the direction to the Dueling club, since she’s been invited there and doesn’t know where else to go. Lloyd warns her about the place but takes her there anyway. Lloyd meets with Parsifal again, they exchange polite unpleasantries. Lloyd and Minami leaves. She tells him that she would really like to join the Military history club, how she’s so alone and has nowhere else to go. Lloyd tells her he will see what he can do.
- Lloyd calls for a meeting using the badges.
- Cecil meets up with Naimitsu and Haruhi playing with her new cat-katana. They are happy. Cecil listens to the fetus’ thoughts, and creeps out himself and those around him. He makes an order for the Dragoon armour.
- They hold the meeting in the clubroom. Lloyd suggests opening the club to new members. He suspects the duelling club will end up working as just another version of the youth brigade, that combined with the possibilities of using illegal alchemical compounds on their swords worries him. Both Cecil and Lloyd argues the point that even if it does mean they will need to be a lot more careful regarding their secrets, if the club can’t even stand up against the duelling club, how can it hope to make a stand against the world? They vote, resulting in the military history club opening its doors to their fellow students.